Friday, September 6, 2013

Rant 1

Rainy mornings in a post-monsoon season, the best days when you can sit on the bed and stare outside, watching the raindrops jumping from one grill to another, on their way down to the earth. One experiences throatburns from long lit cigarettes, at times shaking up and lilting about in dismayed horror of loud thunders. And one broods, one broods for happiness in days when the sky looks dark and sad.

I'm ready to go anywhere, I'm ready for to fade
Into my own parade, cast your dancing spell my way
I promise to go under it.

Happy page has let us know how and where to find happiness, be it on tree tops or smells of kittens and babies, but then again, right follows it a Sad page.

I do not have a problem with happiness and sadness, as long as they relate me to my nostalgia, but then, that is a rare occurence. For happiness is to be found in dead streets, like when I saw that old man sharing his daily plate of meal in equal amounts with his pet Roadesian, near Jadavpur Thana. Happiness is that simple. And then, near 8B busstand, there's the woman with her child, who makes every bypasser a family when asking for food. Food, not money. And I try to shut my ears while licking my snowcone, aware of the fact that I do not believe her. Sadness, is that simple.

And if you hear vague traces of skippin' reels of rhyme
To your tambourine in time, it's just a ragged clown behind
I wouldn't pay it any mind, it's just a shadow you're
Seein' that he's chasing.

I'm sorry that I continously refer to the streets of Calcutta, but maybe that is where my life lies. I cannot delcare myself a kid of the street, for I carry nobler bloods. But street is where I end up lying, everytime I have consequential dreams.

Maybe, just maybe, a petrichored morning with happiness and sadness ground into the streets will make me better. Or not.

Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free
Silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands
With all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves
Let me forget about today until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment