Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Plastic Song

When we were young
You were the Queen of Plastic Island.

And as we lay in the attic
Counting out the stars in each other's eyes (we heard)

Your mom would call your dad 'another mother's son'
And your dad would stab himself in the arm.

I knew I'd make love to you one pretty parceled evening
And reach the deepest corner of my misbegot soul.

Your mom drank till she was fast asleep
As your dad learned 'Famous Last Words'.

And there you slept on my shoulders.
And I was, the vanquished King of Plastic Island.

3 comments:

  1. this is pretty. though " one pretty parceled evening" eta kothao aage porechhi mone hochhe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tai? Jhara maal mone hochhe? I don't remember, hote pare.

    ReplyDelete
  3. eta amar bhishooon bhalo laage... tor blog-e elei eta pori, protyek bar!!!

    ReplyDelete