Thursday, January 20, 2011

Two-headed Boy

Two-headed boy, with the silver strings attached
The light just went off, now its blacker than black
They hear you tapping on the sandstone glass.

And I am resting my ear on the dark
And I am resting my ear on the dark.

Two-headed boy, a song for the dead
All pulleys and weight, and the tears slowly fade.
And the sorry sweetness follows.

And the clowns start to turn once again
And the clowns start to turn once again.

Two-headed boy, the needle stings in your heart
A radio screams, a song for your dreams
And the waves join the two sacred hearts.

The eyes dont move anymore,
They just climb up the stairs
Into the sky above my feet
and floating electric chairs.

And I am resting my ear on the dark,
And I am resting my ear on the dark.

Two-headed boy, there is no reason to grieve
The world you just wished for, is wrapped in golden sleeves
And left beneath the Christmas trees, in the snow.

Just take it and leave us alone
Oh, two-headed boy, just leave us alone.
Leave us alone.

This.. err... is the story of... err.. I really have no idea what it's all about. Do tell me if you understand :)

3 comments:

  1. I liked the penultimate stanza. I have no idea what meaning this poem is supposed to convey though

    ReplyDelete
  2. kichu jaega bhalo laglo..odhbhut.. kichui to bujhi ni!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is brilliant...precisely because I can't make head or tail of it and yet I keep reading it over and over again...the combinations of words u chose in the verses are exquisite...

    ReplyDelete