Saturday, June 11, 2011

Outside the Inside

Walking through the grass bare feet, laughing
She never counted my blessings
And chose instead to dwell on my disasters.
We walked down the hill through grass grown tall
Yet I never could let go of the pains
Like the rusted old cadillac
collecting rains for the birds.

Was it always empty, down here in me?

Of these sunsets, sweet and golden
And white damp mornings have I grown weary
I spoke out loud through my chapped and faded lips
Yet no one heard me
Outside the rain tapped on the window pane
As we made our quiet love
And the fires danced around our wishful eyes.

Was it always so empty, down here in me?

Yes, I looked my demons in the eye
And said do your necessary best
Kill me
There's a lot of things that can kill a man
A lot of ways to die, yet some already dead walk beside me
I don't understand a lot of things,
why so many people lie, it's this hurt that fuels the fire inside me

Will it always be so empty, down here in me?

Poetry is not for me, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment