Monday, July 12, 2010

Neo-psychedelic Mumblings

A dark room. This is my room, temporarily. It's actually my parents' room. But since their gone, to some faraway land, leaving me, this is my room, for now. My lips are dry, my throat itches, like hell. I need some water. But I feel too weak to get up and get the bottle. My mind feels horrifically empty, like an empty water bottle. I need water, but I feel too weak. The psychedelic Floyds numb my mind. At last I have returned to Floyd, I missed you, I whisper quietly. But they can't hear me. A techno-barrier limits me from reaching out, to them. My head is spinning, or reeling, again. I think I need to throw up, but I know, nothing, nothing will come out. My head feels wobbly, as if it may roll off from my shoulders any moment now. I hit my head, hard. OK. That hurt. But my head's fixed now, it won't roll off, not anymore, maybe. Beside me lies the math book. I've got homeworks piling up like a coloumn of sins over my head. Procrastination. It can kill you. But what the hell. Mathematics can't kill me, no it can't.
                                       I stare at the fold between my thumb, and I can see the skin moving. It's beating. My right hand is breathing. It's like a different creature all together. And it's not my pet. But even it procrastinates. 'Shine on You Crazy Diamond' has reached it's end, the part which I love the most. The strrangely uplifting music seeps onto me. And I slowly feel my temples. The skin on my temples is also moving. My head's beating, hard. I see a strange milky figure flying  before me. Is it a ghost? Because if it is, I sould be scared. But it's just my school shirt, dangling a few inches above from the ground. So it's not a ghost. Great. I get up, fetch the bottle, and drink the water. At last I feel better. Now I don't feel so empty anymore. I sit up straight. And push the 'Publish Post' button. For now, I can sleep. For now, I can rest.

3 comments:

  1. this is one hell of a piece! i guess it's the personal touch that has done it again. loved it! and for once, it struck the chord.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *breathe* wow! I can feel it. Fantastically real.

    ReplyDelete