Friday, July 2, 2010

Premonition

It's a windy night, a very windy night. Two silhouettes stand and disfigure the absolute darkness surrounding them. They are standing on the roof of a five storey building, and it’s windy. Only the outlines of the figures are noticeable. They can’t see each other’s faces, and they don’t need to. They are still kids, no i’m sorry, they are still boys. Who cares? They don’t.




Boy 1: So, how’s everything going? How do you like the new surroundings?

Boy 2: It’s good, yaa it’s really good. What about you?

Boy 1: Everything’s fine, everyone’s good, everyone’s ok. Had a fight today.

Boy 2: What? Kar sathe?

Boy 1: A stupid guy. My girl was crying over the phone, because she was scared of some stupid blood transfusion, and the stupid guy kept on bugging me, so I beat him up.

Boy 2: You’ll never change!*chuckles*

Boy 1: Why should I?

Boy 2: Yaa right. Why should you.



Silence



Boy 1: Dude do remember? Once you had said something terrifically stupid like my arrogance will lead to my downfall, or something of that sort. Do you still think that way?

Boy 2: Ofcourse I do! Etodin baade jiggesh korchhis keno?

Boy 1: Today this random guy whom I considered to be my friend, questioned my loyalty. Can you believe his fucking audacity?

Boy 2: Yaa right!*snickers*

Boy 1: Some times I just feel so fucking tired with everyhing! Everything stinks!

Boy 2: Bujhi, bujhi!

Boy 1: Kichhu bojhona shala!

Boy 2: *snaps* What the hell do you think? You think you're some big hotshot who has all the fucking problems in the world just cut-pasted into his life? Well let me tell you this, you're not the only one!

Silence

Boy 1: Dude, don't get so touchy, I was just trying to share my complaints.

Boy 2: Well, they're common complaints.

Silence

Boy 2: Dude look down, isn't the street looking nice, with all the dreamy neons showering blessings on it?

Boy 1: It would look even nicer with a deformed body lying on it, it would look so bloody poetic. *lights another cigarette*

Boy 2: Dude that's enough, you've had your share. Ar khash na.

Boy 1: Leave me you stupid asshole!

Silence

Boy 1: Jaanish, sedin mukh diye rokto beriyechhe.

Boy 2: What?!

Boy 1: Keu jaane na, kauke bolish na jeno*winks*

Silence

They listen to the song of the wind, they try hear their call, but it's just the song they hear which keeps on lingering on their senses.

Boy 1: Thanda lagchhe, niche cho.

Boy 2: Maa's going to call in 5 minutes, I better scram.

Boy 1: Wish I could too.

Boy 2: Huhn?

Boy 1: Kichhu na, chol.

And they go down, down, down the dark, spiralling stairs.

1 comment: