Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Nostalgia: A Fever / Fever: A Nostalgia

I take a mug full of water. I dip my head... err... i mean my nose in it. And I breathe in. I inhale the water. And bang.

My head starts hurting, terribly. I feel my nose becoming numb and blocked up. My eyes get blurred.

And memories start gushing out of my secret vault.

I remember the time when I was six-years old, and it was midnight, and i had a fever. I used to wake up maa-baba, declaring that if i can't sleep, no one can.

I remember maa waking me up in afternoon, and washing my head with cold water and checking my temperature.

I remember the lemony sunlight of a winter morning bathing my feet and the smell of phenyl hitting me right between the eyes.

I remember maa repeating the phrase "Serves you right!" over and over again to prove that her decisions regarding me roaming around the house barechested was right.

I remember frequenting the neighbourhood dumpster to play with ash-smitten puppies.

I remember throwing up in front of maa, and then apologising for it.

I remember  a windy evening, me savouring both my first can of coke and my first freaky ghost story.

I remember listening to Metallica on a hot afternoon and then feeling sick.

I remember waking up from a feverish nap to find someone rustling my hair, not being able to recognise her, till i understand it's Khuku Di.

I remember waking up in the middle of the night with a fever, and putting on Floyd on my mp3, only to realise after half an hour that it's just getting worse.

I remember feeling feverish.

I feel feverish.

And somehow, I love it.

2 comments:

  1. amaro jaanish ....ei jojore ....half alive sensation khoob addictive lagey.
    like this! ( without any buts! )

    ReplyDelete