Friday, June 18, 2010

The accounts of a lonely oxymoron

Sunshine. A silver shining sea. A tropical island with two palm trees. I own this place. This is my island. A place devoid of human presence, this is my home. Life is great here. No one to disturb me, no one whom i can disturb. It's so serene that I feel myself thinking out, loud. It's so serene that even the sea does not disturb me. The sea, lies still. As for me, I also lie still, like a centipede. I let the sunshine shower on me, it's full of vitamin D after all. I lie, still, like a drowsy molasse pie. It's so peacefull. I lie the whole day, chewing the crystal clear grass, I don't feel hungry, I just feel sleepy. When evening creeps in, I get up, and enter my burrow. Time for dinner, sinner, simmer, whatever. After dinner, I brush my eyes. Health and hygiene is important afterall. I get into my bed, and I wait for sleep to crash in. But she doesn't. Instead I start to hear rumbles in the subaquatic labyrinthes. The toys from the attic start to come out, scary toys. I feel scared. I come out of my burrow. I see a light far away into the sea. It shines brightly. A girl lives there, a very beautiful girl. She is alone, too. I decide to go to her island. Yes, that's what I'll do first thing next morning. I never do though. I stare at the light, I sit down and stare at the light. I know anytime the toys may come out of my brains and kill me. So I just stare at the light, I do nothing else, I just stare. Slowly the night fades away, and the light fades away. I again feel drowsy, I lie down like a molasse pie. Another night passes.

             This way it has continued for years, but I just can't bear it anymore. I know the toys are getting impatient, I am getting impatient. Anyday now, they will kill me, anyday now, I will not kill myself anymore. So the time has come. Today I chopped down the palm trees, and I made a raft. Tonight, I am leaving, leaving this home forever. Tonight I'll be heading for that island with the bright light. Tonight i'll try to reach out to her, to her world, to my world. Tonight, I will reach out to myself. Tonight, I refuse to die.

1 comment: