Friday, June 4, 2010

Rainmachine

I stand below the rainmachine. My rainmachine. I turn it on.
Big, whole pellets of water hit me like soft-nosed bullets.

I stand.

I stand.

I start feeling my nose, my eyes, my temples, my face becoming numb.
I can't feel my face anymore. But I feel water caressing my face.

I imagine.
I imagine myself flying. Flying over a strange city. I fly naked. I feel naked.

I see everyone doing their chores, no one gazes up towards me. Everyone looks at their shoes. Shiny shoes, dirty shoes, ragged shoes, shoes with strings attached, with no strings attached. Everyone stares at their shoes.

I fly. I see myself carrying a guitar. I'm playing the guitar while flying. I know it's weird. But I do.

Now I'm flying over an ocean, a blue ocean, a red ocean, a yellow ocean, a rainbow ocean.

Slowly I start to lose altitude.

I drop, drop like a bombarded pigeon.

And I crash into the sea.

I open my eyes.

I close the rainmachine.

I dry up myself.

I feel the last drop of numbness fly away from the tip of my nose.

And I feel happy.

2 comments:

  1. ok....as i am reading i am liking your writing more and more... the "but" syndrome is obscuring out of existence .
    p.s. you are wrong. i was there in the city . i was standing bare footed. So i had looked up to see you fly !

    ReplyDelete
  2. nonono, go find your own city where you can be barefooted. This is my city.

    ReplyDelete